[Solved] "Data source not found" creating labels

Discuss the database features
averybound

[Solved] "Data source not found" creating labels

Post by averybound »

Trying to print labels but every time I try, I get a message "data source not found" Christmas mailings, that file is not on this computer. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program with no change. What am I to do?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved.
Open office 4.1.11 on windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: "Data source not found" creating labels

Post by Villeroy »

There used to be a database document (.odb) on your computer.
1. Search for odb files (Open Document Database) on your computer.
2. Open Writer and call menu:View>Data sources...
3. Right-click the name of your address list and choose "Registered databases". This opens a list of registered databases with data source names and the paths of corresponding database documents.
4.1 If you found the right database docment in step 1, click
 Edit:  and re-assign the file to the registered name. If your found database is not in the list, add it to the list.
4.2 If the database document is lost, delete the registered entry but note the name. I can only guess, that you store the address data in a spreadsheet. In order to reconnect that spreadsheet to a new database document:
4.2.1 menu:File>New>Database...
4.2.2 [X] Connect to existing database of type "Spreadsheet
4.2.3 [X] Register the database (add it to the list of registered databases)
4.2.4 Save the database document to a safe place in your home directory or documents directory. Use the same file name as the previously registered name.
If you use another file name than the previously registered one: Open your greeging cards and call manu:Edit>"Exchange database" and point to the new source. 
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
averybound

Re: "Data source not found" creating labels

Post by averybound »

Thank you soooo much it worked. unfortunately my wife has already hand addressed the envelopes but next year I will print labels for her.
Open office 4.1.11 on windows 10