[Solved] Help Database keeps crashing

Discuss the database features
WMDave17

[Solved] Help Database keeps crashing

Post by WMDave17 »

I have a database that has stopped functioning. When I open it I get the OpenOffice Document Recovery, I do the recovery and the database opens, if I try and open any individual Form, Query or report the database crashes; if I try and open the Tables selection it crashes. In the folder where I keep the database file a .lck file of the same name exists, I changed the name of the odb file ran through the process again and a new .lck had been created with the new name. I am running windows 10

THANK YOU!!!
Last edited by WMDave17 on Mon May 29, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 4.0.1 0n Windows 7 Professional
Sliderule
Volunteer

Re: Help Database keeps crashing

Post by Sliderule »

Without being able to see the database file ( *.odb ), it would be impossible for me to attempt to help.

Please post your database here, by using the Upload attachment tab just below the box where you type a response after clicking Post Reply, or, any other way we can see the Base file ( *.odb ), for example https://www.mediafire.com/ .

Sliderule
WMDave17

Post by WMDave17 »

Hopefully I have done this correctly http://www.mediafire.com/file/toafhd02c ... tabase.odb
Sliderule
Volunteer

Post by Sliderule »

Please find your Base file ( GardenDatabase.odb ) or the database contents that could be recovered. This is the best I could do, given the file you posted above. Of course, for any critical file, it is always important you keep a GOOD backup of the file that you can recover.
GardenDatabase.odb

Code: Select all

TbLog         114 Records
TbLogEntries   75 Records
TbPlant        51 Records
TbPlantAgain    3 Records
TbSeedCompany  25 Records
TbSeeds         0 Records
TbVariety      43 Records
Sliderule

Thanks to add [Solved] in your 1st post Subject (edit button top right) if this issue has been resolved.
WMDave17

Re: [Solved] Help Database keeps crashing

Post by WMDave17 »

THANKS!!!!