[Solved] Change fonts for all document Formulas ?

Discuss the formula editor
ciobi

[Solved] Change fonts for all document Formulas ?

Post by ciobi »

Hello,

I used for the formula the fonts Time News Roman Special G1. Now I have to convert to pdf the file.odt. But this fonts isn't supported in the conversion.

I have to change the font type of all the formulas in the document: how can I do that?
I have to select one after others all the formulas and change the font type from the format menu? Or does it exist another automatic way to change all the formulas in one time?

Thank you in advance.
Last edited by ciobi on Fri Dec 21, 2007 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
FPeters
Volunteer

Re: How do I change the fonts for all document Formulas ?

Post by FPeters »

As a workaround you can use the font replacement:
  1. Go to Tools > Options > OpenOffice.org > Fonts
  2. Check Apply Replacement Table
  3. Select the font you want to have replaced (Time News Roman Special G1 in your case)
  4. Select the font to replace it with
  5. Select Always to replace the font, even if it is installed on your system (you want to do that)
  6. Do not select Screen only, since you want to also use the replacement for printing and PDF Export
Now your PDF file should contain the replacement font.

Note, that the replacement applies throughout OpenOffice.org, not only the formulae.

HTH
-f
TAB

Re: How do I change the fonts for all document Formulas ?

Post by TAB »

For some reason (apparently because of a default setting in OO; I did not even know font DV existed.)I wrote a bunch of formulae based on the DejaVu (DV) font.
To change that to TNR (Times New Roman), I can open a formula for editing, click Format/Fonts, and change each of the Variables, Functions, Numbers, Text, and Serif font from DV to TNR. A lot of clicking -- for just one formula.
Do I have to do that for EACH formula? Is there a faster way? Format painter does not work on Math formulae.
FPeters wrote:As a workaround you can use the font replacement:
OK, that works. But it's only a workaround; fonts remain DV in the formulae, in agreement with what help says under Tools/Options/OpenOffice.org/Fonts:
Fonts
Substitutes a font with a font of your choice. The substitution only replaces a font when it is displayed on screen or during printing. It does not change the font specified in your document formatting.
(Incidentally, of what use is 'the font specified in your document formatting', if it is neither displayed nor printed?)