[Solved] Fraction bar alignment

Discuss the formula editor
lechat

[Solved] Fraction bar alignment

Post by lechat »

Hi there,

I am having trouble with my fractions in some of my formulas. In some cases some fraction bars are shifted slightly below or above the other fraction bars. In some of the formulas i could get rid of this weird behaviour by just deleting the formula, inserting a new one and copy the same code for the formula i want. This is already weird enough and unfortunately in some cases it doesn't work. In the attachment i have an example of such a formula. the last two fractions and denominators are somehow shifted upwards with respect to the others. Furthermore, the fraction bars in my formulas are sometimes aligned to minus signs, equal signs etc. and sometimes they are not and again, sometimes it helps to just re-insert the formula sometimes it does not. I use OO 4.1.2. Has anyone ever encountered a similar problem and found a solution to just generally sort of force the fraction bars to align at a certain level? Or is there perhaps a saver way of generating fractions than {}over{} ?

Thx
Attachments
Untitled 1.odt
(12.33 KiB) Downloaded 474 times
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice4.1.1 64bit
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: fraction bar alignment

Post by Zizi64 »

Try to group the parts of the formula:

Code: Select all

c^{-1} {partial E}over{partial t} sim {{1}over{c} {E}over{T}} sim {{1}over{c}{} {v}over{c} {B}over{T}}
Last edited by Zizi64 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
lechat

Post by lechat »

the file i attached IS an .odt file. But anyway, the trick with grouping the fractions actually worked. Thank you guys... :super:
OpenOffice4.1.1 64bit
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

the file i attached IS an .odt file. But anyway, the trick with grouping the fractions actually worked.
The .odf is "open document formula" type file. The .odf is one of the ODF (Open Document Format) file types. The formula editor works in same way in every applications (Calc, Writer, Draw, Impress...) of the AOO/LO.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.