Cannot install Math

Discuss the formula editor
toddf

Cannot install Math

Post by toddf »

I have OO 2.41, but cannot install either Draw or Math. I need Math. When I try either a full or custom install, the only programs enabled on the drop down menu is the writer program. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Toddf
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Re: Cannot install Math

Post by jrkrideau »

toddf wrote:I have OO 2.41, but cannot install either Draw or Math. I need Math. When I try either a full or custom install, the only programs enabled on the drop down menu is the writer program. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.

Toddf
What operating system are you using?
Last edited by jrkrideau on Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
acknak

Re: Cannot install Math

Post by acknak »

OOo should install a full menu with each application available there. I would suggest that you do a complete un-install, make sure all the pieces are removed, then re-install. Do a full install; the custom install often has problems and it saves very little space.

You can also launch any OOo application from any other OOo application using File > New > ... Just pick any of the document types (e.g. Drawing) and that application will start.

Note that OOo Math is not usually run on it's own. Normally, you insert a formula into another document using Insert > Object > Formula.

Also, OOo Calc is the spreadsheet for doing math calculations. OOo Math is the math formula editor, not for doing calculations.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23