[Solved] Creepy Brackets

Discuss the formula editor
tifa31

[Solved] Creepy Brackets

Post by tifa31 »

Hello saviours,

I have updated my computer to the latest OpenOffice 4.1.3. I have been working on a scientific paper and didn't have any problems with the math or formula worksheet before the update.

Here's the issue, I have attached a screenshot of the creepy hotdesk phone icon in this post which was supposed to be brackets. I am not a fan of it as I am very much in a rush to get the paper submitted. The parentheses brackets and braces became Egyptian symbolic icon which I do not know if it is a bug on my operating system (unlikely) or if it is in the updated software itself. The Libre writing workdesk has the same issue too.

I tried it with back slash, forward slash and the left right wordings for the brackets and obviously there's a bug somewhere that forbids the progress.

Would be brilliant if there's a line or two to run in the DOS command to resolve... the erm ... vintage looking phone icon and have my brackets returned in a complete piece for my math equations.

Cheers!
Attachments
Egyptian phone icons imposed as brackets
Egyptian phone icons imposed as brackets
Last edited by RoryOF on Mon Mar 06, 2017 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added [Solved] and green tick [RoryOF, Moderator]
OpenOffice 4.1.3 Windows 10
keme
Volunteer

Re: Creepy Brackets

Post by keme »

Most likely some other software has replaced the OpenSymbol font on your system. OpenOffice formula uses that font for many of its glyphs.

Install Martin_g's amended OpenSymbol font, which also solves a few other problems with formulas on recent Windows versions.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
tifa31

Re: Creepy Brackets

Post by tifa31 »

Thanks! It works.
OpenOffice 4.1.3 Windows 10