How can I automatically render LaTex equations between tags?

Discuss the formula editor
zaqwsx170

How can I automatically render LaTex equations between tags?

Post by zaqwsx170 »

So I'm interested in trying to render LaTeX equations in an *.odt document that are between tags (arbitrary, but [$] and [/$]).

Currently OoLatex is rendering beautifully when I highlight a LaTeX equation and press the "TexMaths Equation" button, but I have documents with many equations within tags, and it would be extremely convenient if I could press a single button and have all LaTeX mark-up between the tags immediately be rendered.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!
LibreOffice 4.2.8.2, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: How can I automatically render LaTex equations between t

Post by Villeroy »

The tool should support multiple selections. Can you select multiple sections and call the macro? Then you can use a regex search to select all parts between the tags.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
zaqwsx170

Re: How can I automatically render LaTex equations between t

Post by zaqwsx170 »

Unfortunately, I cannot select multiple selections and then call the macro. When I try multiple selections then press the "TexMaths Equation" button, instead of automatically rendering the equations,pulls up a blank Latex editor window. When i try using this window to render latex, it merges all of my disjoint highlights into a single big highlight, and replaces everything with the single equation entered in the box.
LibreOffice 4.2.8.2, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS.