Strange errors, with respect to files operations

Discuss the formula editor
ÂlTaNhIn

Strange errors, with respect to files operations

Post by ÂlTaNhIn »

:super: Hiya, people!
I have encountered bugs into AOO Math that require attention. :!: They are indeed strange errors, with respect to files operations.
I have screenshots taken that show the bugs I have found, and how I have got them while using AOO Math. :arrow: Now I need to know, is this Forum the best place to publish this issue? Or should I post this stuff into the Support Section of OpenOffice.org? :?:
Tell me about it please, whereas I upload three of the six screenshots I have taken anyway. I will explain them if necessary, naturally. :idea:
Best regards,
ÂlTaNhIn :D
Attachments
This is about when I attempt to close a file WITH information on it, and changes SAVED...
This is about when I attempt to close a file WITH information on it, and changes SAVED...
The error I get AFTER I close a file in blank...
The error I get AFTER I close a file in blank...
This one is when I attempt to close a new file, WITHOUT changes made...
This one is when I attempt to close a new file, WITHOUT changes made...
:D Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1; Microsoft Windows 8.1 :super:

Put your thumbs up if you think that OpenSource Software R.O.C.K.S.!
:D
ÂlTaNhIn

To finish my previous post, about AOO Math

Post by ÂlTaNhIn »

:super: Hiya people!
Since I have taken 6 screenshots with respect to the errors I have found, while using AOO Math, I need to publish the other 3 that still remain. :!:
I hope these bugs can be reviewed and analysed properly. :) I also want to leave this matter clear, as I publish the rest of the screenshots I have taken.
Best regards,
ÂlTaNhIn :D
Attachments
The message I get AFTER I've opened the file...
The message I get AFTER I've opened the file...
When I attempt to open a file to make changes on it...
When I attempt to open a file to make changes on it...
The same error, when I close a file I DID save...
The same error, when I close a file I DID save...

acknak

Re: Strange errors, with respect to files operations

Post by acknak »

[Topics merged into one]
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
ÂlTaNhIn

Post by ÂlTaNhIn »

acknak wrote:[Topics merged into one]
I thank you for that, as it will be easier to work with this issue I've found into AOO Math. :bravo:

keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

The issue is probably related to your particular setup, and not general to the suite. I can not produce the behaviour in my current system (Mepis Antix - Linux - with LibreOffice), and have not experienced anything like it on other systems that I use (various versions, including one with 4.1.1 on Win8). I use Math quite a bit...

The problem seems to be caused by difficulties to access storage.

Some areas to check:

The Spanish translation may have issues with the internal save/open dialogs. Possibly issues specific to Win8. (Strange things happen when unmatched pairs - like quotes, parentheses or tags - meet with software build procedures. Not sure whether that applies to AOO UI language files, but worth a try.)
Proposed solution:
Menu Tools - Options, category OpenOffice - General, in the Open/Save dialogs section untick Use OpenOffice dialogs

There may be issues with cloud storage. I see you have at least two cloud solutions active (OneDrive and Dropbox) and no network connection. That may confuse storage drivers sufficiently to cause a timeout or similar, throwing a save/load error at you.
Proposed solution:
Try to disable cloud service sync, and/or connect to network.

Is the DragonBall theme part of a "skinning package"? In that case, you may have installed some unwanted stuff. Skins (especially the free ones) are frequently used as trojan horses, and with some setups the trojans malfunction and cause unintended errors.
Proposed diagnostic measure:
Start in Safe mode and try to load/save files from Math. I don't recall the sure-fire way to enter safe mode in Win8, but will post back with it unless someone beats me to it. You can try hitting F8 repeatedly at Windows start (before the logo animation begins).
If it works normally in safe mode, the culprit may be that skin, or one of the cloud services, orjust about any other piece of software you have installed. The best way to proceed is with a malware scanner, like Spybot S&D or Malwarebytes Anti Malware.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
ÂlTaNhIn

Post by ÂlTaNhIn »

:D Thanks for the kind reply, and the assistance. Now, allow me to reply you about one or two of the options, shall I? :arrow:
With respect to the "DragonBall Theme", there's no problem because it's not a skinning package whatsoever but a selection of pictures in a looped slideshow I configured into the Personalization Window of MS Windows 8.1. Besides, if I download skinning packages, which I've done so, I do it from Microsoft site ONLY; I think the skinning packages there are trustworthy, as I have downloaded them from the Internet before (when I had MS Windows XP) and they ended messing around with the Registry and other places in my PC. However, I prefer to put images stored in my HDD into a slideshow instead, as I configure my own theme after all. I have an Internet Security Solution withal, keeping it up-to-date wherever and whenever I can, and I scan my Notebook regularly with no problems/issues detected. No, I have had malware problems, and I do NOT wish to have them again... :alarm:
Now, about the "untick Use OpenOffice dialogs", it didn't do anything at all, because the issues kept happening. :crazy: But I like how the dialogs look now, so I'm keeping it. :mrgreen:
With the Cloud Storage, however, I deactivated Dropbox (OneDrive can't be disabled into Windows 8.1) and it's up to no use...
However, I have tested OpenOffice Math under Windows 8.1 Safe Mode and it works just as normal! :shock: Once I put my Notebook back on Normal mode, I tested closing my Internet Security and it was useless. I don't know what to do, but I'll try with other software deactivation until I find the culprit of Math's Failures...
Again, thanks for the answer and the cool help.
:bravo: