[Solved] Formula's image truncated

Discuss the formula editor
Editor_HU

[Solved] Formula's image truncated

Post by Editor_HU »

Hello, my formula gets truncated like this.
megcsonkított.PNG
megcsonkított.PNG (2.5 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
I made the background yellow, so you can see even the background is not visible.

See how the formula looks like when I edit it
eredeti.PNG
eredeti.PNG (2.41 KiB) Viewed 3050 times
I went to styles, checked formula frame style and I did not find any borders, indents set.
When I go to character format within formula edit, I only get Liberation Sherif as option
When I change character size it does not matter, truncation is there.
When I resize frame, truncation remains.

What am I doing wrong? Can you advise? Thank you in advance
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
LibreOffice 6.3.4.2 on Windows 8, Dell Inspiron Core i7
Editor_HU

Re: Formula's image truncated

Post by Editor_HU »

Somehow it happened that the formula frame got embedded in an other frame. It turned out when I started to edit frame labels, and it all fell apart, somehow the frames got to move on their own. I made a copy-paste from the outer frame, and put the very formula frame to a clean area.

So for me the problem is solved for now, but I dont know how have I arrived to the problem. When I learn it I'll close the thread.
LibreOffice 6.3.4.2 on Windows 8, Dell Inspiron Core i7
keme
Volunteer

Re: Formula's image truncated

Post by keme »

My experience is with OpenOffice. Probably happens with LibreOfice too, but I can't say for sure. (I use LO mainly at home, where I don't use the Math editor much).

Clipping on screen happens with some video cards and some versions of the Office suite. Normally it looks OK on printout and print preview.

Having objects "encapsulated" is sometimes the result of saving in non-native formats. Do you use Microsoft Office document formats?
You may be able to fix that behavior by changing the Load/Save options for MS Office. Menu: Tools - Options.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10