Use Math code for online use on a web site

Discuss the formula editor
yedidya43

Use Math code for online use on a web site

Post by yedidya43 »

Hi everybody.

Many people (including me) use a certain math help website (help with mathematics, not the software), and we have this problem of writing certain math problems in a readable way (algebra usually). I know that with OpenOffice.org Math you can write the math problem in a way that is readable. I talked with the manager of the website, and she would like to put the software on it. Is there a way to do that? What I mean is, like to put the software on the website itself so users can use it to write math problems on the website (instead of writing it like they do now, in an unreadable way). Is that possible somehow? Do we need some form of permission?

Another thing. How do I take the math problem on the software program and put it on the website? I tried to save it in html, but it just didn't work. The option wasn't there.

Thanks ahead of time! :)
 Edit: Hagar: changed title (was 'Please help. I need to know some information.'). 
RonIA
Volunteer

Re: Please help. I need to know some information.

Post by RonIA »

My understanding of the GPL licencsing is that you should be able to take the code for OO.oMath and include it on a website (as long as you follow the rules within the GPL license). I would recommend you look at the license and the code (both available with a bit of searching on the OO.o website).
Ron from Iowa, USA