[Issue] The formula (equation) function

Discuss the formula editor
Aliquippa Bill

[Issue] The formula (equation) function

Post by Aliquippa Bill »

In a similar vein, I am going to be writing a lot of formulae of the type V~=~int from infinity to r F_A dr~=~int from infinity to r {e^2 over r^2}~=~e^2 int from infinity to r {dr over r^2}. Is there a way that I can increase the size of the integral symbol and only the integral symbol, without increasing the size of everything else?

Aliquippa Bill
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Issue] (link to a bug report).
OpenOffice 3.2 on Windows 7
acknak

Re: The formula (equation) function

Post by acknak »

Not as far as I know.

There is an open issue for it: Issue 45511: Integral sign too small and not scalable
You can register there and add your vote (up to two) or comment.

With this sort of request, I feel obligated to say: If you want really professional formula output, you have to use something other than OOo. It's just not up to that level.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
RGB

Re: The formula (equation) function

Post by RGB »

Sorry, no. Math is quite limited when you need to write complex (and not so complex) formulae.
You need to carefully consider your "user case": Writer+Math is useful on many situations... but for some tasks you'll need a different tool. If you need to type a lot of math and you also need gorgeous equations, you need to use LaTeX: even expensive math packages like scientific word use LaTeX as back-end...
You can try LyX as really nice front-end for LaTeX, I wrote my PhD thesis on it ;)
There are two types of people: those who believe that there are two types of people and those who do not.

openSUSE Leap with KDE Plasma / LibreOffice
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Re: [Issue] The formula (equation) function

Post by Robert Tucker »

There are some larger integral signs in the STIX fonts:

http://www.stixfonts.org/

Other maths fonts may have integral signs of varying size.
LibreOffice 7.x.x on Arch and Fedora.