[Solved] Changing fonts in Math

Discuss the formula editor
thirteen_engines

[Solved] Changing fonts in Math

Post by thirteen_engines »

Hi all. I have a small problem. I'm writing a book with *lots* of equations and have been doing so for a couple of years now. I have updated to OpenOffice 3.3 and after some time realized that the default Math fonts were different from the previous version of OpenOffice. Since the new defaults look better (to me at least) I'd like to change all of the old equations to the new fonts. I know how to do this manually but there are really a lot of equations to do this for. Is there *any* way to automate the font changes?
Last edited by thirteen_engines on Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
AOO 3.4 on Slackware Linux 14.0 + Windows 7
acknak

Re: Changing fonts in Math

Post by acknak »

There is a macro around that changes properties for all Math objects in a document--try a search for yourself, or here's one example as a starting point: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... =12&t=7771

There may be better/newer examples around.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
thirteen_engines

Thanks. I've modified the macro for my purposes and it works pretty well. The one final problem is that I want my variables to be italicized. The macro lets me change the font name ok but how would I italicize them? I suspect that there is something like ".FontAttributeVariables" that can be changed but ..

By the way, how would one go about looking up things like ".FontNameVariables"? Is there a list of these things somewhere?

Edit: by the way, in the posted macro the error handler did not work properly. I have some figures embedded in my text some of which have no text and therefore no fonts in them. The macro chokes on these. I substituted "On Error Resume Next" and the macro worked ok.
acknak

Post by acknak »

You probably need to search/ask in the macro programming area of the forum: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... m.php?f=20
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
thirteen_engines

Found the answer! I opened up the macro editor and using the debugger stepped up to and one step past the assignment to 'm'. Inspecting the values of m I found ".FontVariablesIsItalic=false". Adding the line ".FontVariablesIsItalic=true" to the macro fixed things up just the way I wanted them.

How do I mark this as solved so that others can benefit?

Thanks for your help.