[Solved] How to import equations from math to writer?

Discuss the formula editor
axebre

[Solved] How to import equations from math to writer?

Post by axebre »

Hi I bet the answer to this question is pretty simple but since I have spent a few hour trying I will ask anyways.

How do I get my equations from math into my writer document?

I appreciate any help.
Last edited by axebre on Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
squenson
Volunteer

Re: ?How to import equations from math to writer?

Post by squenson »

This may not be the most optimum way, but it should allow you to insert a formula without too much difficulty.

1. In Math, copy the formula (from the editor section);
2. In Writer, position the cursor where you want to insert the formula, then go to the menu Insert > Object > Formula and then paste your formula.
LibreOffice 4.2.3.3. on Ubuntu 14.04
axebre

Re: ?How to import equations from math to writer?

Post by axebre »

good enough for me

thx alot
acknak

Re: [Solved] How to import equations from math to writer?

Post by acknak »

It depends on how you want to manage your formulas.

It could be advantageous to create and edit your formulas as separate files, using OOo Math independently.

In that case, in Writer, you would do Insert > Object > OLE Object > OOo Math > Create from file, Link.

Now you have the formula in it's own file, linked into the Writer document. You can edit the formula file with OOo Math, and use it in as many text documents as you like, and when you change the formula file the changes will be picked up in any document that links to that file.

---
BTW, a little tip that makes it easier when you copy/paste the formula code, as squenson suggested: just paste the code into Writer, select it, and do Insert > Formula (or use the menu shortcuts: Alt+I, o, f). You'll convert the code directly to the formula without having to go through the formula editor.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23