[Solved] Can't get the dialog to create equations

Discuss the formula editor
fyasko0

[Solved] Can't get the dialog to create equations

Post by fyasko0 »

when trying to insert math equations, i've already went to insert > objects > equations. however, the editing window does not appear like it should and i was wondering how you would get that window to appear again

thank you

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office 3.1/ Windows XP
acknak

Re: math help

Post by acknak »

... the editing window does not appear like it should...
Sorry, do you mean that the formula window does not appear at all, or that it appears but doesn't have the usual appearance?

If the window is there, exactly what about it seems wrong?

Finally, are you sure that you have the Math component installed? Do you see the File > New > Formula menu item?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
MarisaUGA

Re: SOLVED math help

Post by MarisaUGA »

Hi,

I am also having this same problem. I think the other poster is talking about the Formula window or as it is called in Getting Started with Math, the Selection window. Mine has disappeared and I can't figure out how to bring it back. As I recall, you used to be able to choose View > Selection and the window would re-appear. However, I cannot figure out how to do this anymore. I am in 3.1.1 on Mac . I am not sure if I am going about this the wrong way or if this is a 3.1.1 issue as I haven't used the Formula Editor 3.1.1.

Thanks for your help.
Last edited by MarisaUGA on Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.1.X on Mac OSx other
MarisaUGA

Re: math help

Post by MarisaUGA »

Found it! The method is still the same. Go to View > Selection. Your formula editor should reappear.

...guess I was just blinded for a moment.

Thanks!