http://bcardoso.planetaclix.pt/math/algebra-01.01.pdf

Any idea why I'm getting this result ?

Thanks
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows XP
Hagar Delest

Re: Exporting to PDF

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You should not design your layout in Math. It's only a formula editor. Create each formula separately and insert them in a Writer document.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
simonfogliato

Post by simonfogliato »

I have read this post and I am very sad. I have run into this scenario myself and I am left wondering why I can’t just export my large formulas without all the OO code that was written. Why is the export so static? Isn’t there an option to just export the resulted formulas??? If a workaround exists I would really like to know otherwise like you mentioned, we are not using the application in the way it was intended.

Thanks!
// OpenOffice 3.2 - Ubuntu64 10.10
// Simon Fogliato
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Since the document may certainly have to be printed, you've to use the module that handles the page layout, hence Writer. You can cut and paste each formula in a separate .odf file and then insert them in a Writer document.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Post by acknak »

It is certainly possible to save your formulas as plain OOo Math files--there's no harm in that. You can always insert or link that file into a Writer document as needed for printing, etc.

However, there's also little value in using the plain Math file. It is a little smaller, and I suppose, if you do a lot of maths it could be useful to have a "library" of formulas that you could re-use in different documents, but I don't see any big advantage in it. Nothing else uses OOo Math files, so anyone who wanted to view or edit the formulas would need OOo, and at that point, you might as well ship a Writer document that can include some text and is easy to print.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23