HTML settings

Discuss the formula editor

HTML settings

Postby mvaiana » Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:44 am

I am creating a web page that is completely math oriented and am going to be building most of it from Open Office HTML. I noticed however that when it saves it does something weird to the image files of the formulas, it scales their height and width down by 1 pixel causing the formula to look slightly blurry. I am going to have to manually delete every line that sets the width and height for each forumla/gif, unless anyone knows of a way to prevent this from happening in the first place.

Any help is appreciated

Mike
Open Office 3.1.1, on Mac OSX 10.5.8
mvaiana

Re: HTML settings

Postby Mark Nelson » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:06 am

Try http://www.kompozer.net and get a real HTML Editor for making web pages. OpenOffice.org is not meant as an HTML Editor from what I have seen. :idea: :idea:
Windows 10
OpenOffice.org 4.1.1 LibreOffice 5.01
Mark Nelson

Re: HTML settings

Postby mvaiana » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:31 pm

Yes, I guess I wasn't clear enough.

I am using text edit to edit all the HTML (and maybe I'll start using kompozer now, thanks for the link). But I use the open office export as a convenient way to turn alot of math formula's into gifs. Infact I'm not even aware of another way to write math formulas with specialized math notation, although I'm sure it exists.

Nevertheless, the problem still remains, even though its a small one, I'm wondering if there is a way to change the default settings when saving a html file

Thanks for the reply!
Open Office 3.1.1, on Mac OSX 10.5.8
mvaiana

Return to Math