[Solved] Bold equal sign in OOo 3.0.1

Discuss the formula editor
Ozo

[Solved] Bold equal sign in OOo 3.0.1

Post by Ozo »

I am trying to figure out why the lines in the equal signs in forumlas have become significantly thicker in version 3.0.1. They are not actually bold since if I set an whole equation to be be bold they become even thicker. I am spent the better part of the day to figure this out and all I have managed to come up with is that in version 2.4.1 they appear correctly. Just to make it clear, if I open a document in version 3.0.1 the equal signs are significantly thicker than if I open the same document in version 2.4.1. To make sure it isn't just a rendering problem and they just appear to be thicker on the screen I have also converted the document to pdf in both version, and even printed it out. The thickness is two times the thickness of the + or - signs, and thus makes my documents look amateurish.

So for my question. Am I the "only" one with this problem? Is there any settings that I havn't been able to find yet that might be causing this?

Thank you in advance for any reply that might enlighten me, meanwhile I'll stick with 2.4.1
Last edited by Ozo on Sun Apr 26, 2009 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: Bold equal sign in OOo 3.0.1

Post by Hagar Delest »

Can you attach a screenshot (see here: How to attach a document here)?

Here is what I see in Writer on my xubuntu Hardy system with 3.0.1, zoom level is 200%:
Formula.png
Formula.png (1.91 KiB) Viewed 6242 times
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

Yes, I can try.

Here you can see it along with a not-equal sign which is rendered just fine.
test.png
test.png (1.83 KiB) Viewed 6259 times
The zoom level is 400% and this is a screenshot from the pdf-document I have attached. The problem is not with the OOo pdf converter since it is also like this when rendered in OOo Math or Writer.
Attachments
test.pdf
(61.88 KiB) Downloaded 372 times
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows W2k
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Can you upload the .odt file?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

Sorry about that, it didn't want me to upload the odf-file so I just assumed it didn't allow any such format for some obscure reason. Turns out it is just the odf and not the odt-files.
Attachments
test.odt
(12.41 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
Robert Tucker
Volunteer

Post by Robert Tucker »

LibreOffice 7.x.x on Arch and Fedora.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

Thank you. It took me a while to figure out what that other thread wanted me to do. Partly because I am not that familiar with neither OpenOffice or font-sets, and partly because the paths and filenames were different at my system.

It seems that my OpenSymbol font set had somehow become bugged and used Arial as default for some of it signs. To make it a bit harder for me to figure out the font-set had hid itself and were called opens___.ttf . As the other thread on the other forum suggested it were solved when I downloaded and installed the OpenSymbol font available at GoldenWeb.it
http://fonts.goldenweb.it/pan_file/l/en ... fault.html

For other people struggling with the same, just download the font from that place. Figure out were your OpenSymbol fonts are stored on your system, and replace it. At my Win2k system I just had to open the /winnt/fonts folder. Move the old OpenSymbol-file somewhere else, for me it was called opens___.ttf, and place the new file in that folder. Windows will then automatically install it for you.

However, it would probably be a good idea to figure out why this happened in the first place and maybe do something about it.

Thank you for your help, both of you. Marking this as solved now.