Once more about colors. Changing default color

Discuss the formula editor
edio

Once more about colors. Changing default color

Post by edio »

At first, sorry for my English.
At second, I already know about using color <color> {formula}.

I notice that color of math objects depends on default font' color, that is set in the system. This is true for windows xp and for archlinux.

F.ex. in Archlinux default font' color in my GTK theme is dark grey and here is a screenshot of math formula inserted in writer's document without any color modifications.
scrot.png
Is there any way to fix this other than type every time "color black"?

TNX in advance for replies.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Archlinux
acknak

Re: Once more about colors. Changing default color

Post by acknak »

Does the text appear in that color in the print/page preview, or only in the editing view?
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
edio

Post by edio »

It is printed in that color. And it is noticeably for me, because I have a laser printer.
The same was under windows. I have posted about this on unofficial OOo forum about one year ago, but no any replies have been posted since thread creation. In windows I had an ability to change sustem' font color easily, but now on archlinux font color is defined by GTK theme and I can't easily change it, so I decided to post here about this issue.
edio

Post by edio »

I want to add, that in windows color of math objects depends on COLOR_WINDOWTEXT
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724371.aspx

I have chaged this color under windows to red and made a screenshot of print preview window:
windows_bug.png
windows_bug.png (10.72 KiB) Viewed 9252 times
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

edio wrote:I have posted about this on unofficial OOo forum about one year ago, but no any replies have been posted since thread creation.
No developers in that forum or in the other. You should report it: [Tutorial] Reporting bugs or suggestions.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Post by acknak »

Having the output text (or formula) color controlled by the desktop theme seems like a bug to me. The desktop theme should control what you see on the screen, but the document should control what goes to the printer, and I can't see why colored text should ever be the default.

FWIW, if I change my Gnome desktop theme text color, it does not change the document text color. That's using Gnome on Fedora Linux 9.

You can try changing the default style to use black text instead of "automatic" but I doubt that will have any effect on the Math text. There is no way to change the default color of the Math text--as far as I know.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23