Cursor jumping to the end of the line

Discuss the formula editor
Neodymium

Cursor jumping to the end of the line

Post by Neodymium »

Hi,

I have encountered a quite annoying issue with Math. Whenever I move the cursor anywhere else but the end of the current line of code, it jumps back to the end within seconds.

This doesn't happen in any other part of open office but math. First I thought that the jumping occured when the formula display got updated, so I unchecked automatic refresh in the view tab, there was no change though.

This problem occurs both when I use Math within Writer and when I launch it seperately. The jumping seems to be on some sort of a loop, as the time difference between placing the cursor anywhere and it jumping to the end varies between seconds and miliseconds, so it seems as if there was some sort of routine running in the background that ensures the cursor is at the endposition every x seconds.

I was running an earlier version of OOo on Windows XP (version 2.4.1 i think) before and didn't encounter the problem. When I reinstalled Windows and installed the version 3.0.0 this issue appeared.

I hope someone knows a solution to this, as it's really driving me nuts when entering more complex equations.

regards,
Neodymium

edit: given that noone seems to have encountered anything similar, I guess I will simply try to reinstall OOo and see if that helps
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Windows Vista
angelastar

Re: Cursor jumping to the end of the line

Post by angelastar »

Hi Neo,

I take it you're on XP. What service pack are you running?
Neodymium

Re: Cursor jumping to the end of the line

Post by Neodymium »

SP3
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Windows Vista