Export as .eps

Discuss the formula editor
MickleMouse

Export as .eps

Post by MickleMouse »

I am currently working on a project that I want to be sure will convert from O.O. to M.S. office. I need some formulas in power point slides, but I was hoping to avoid any rasterized graphics. What is the highest quality way to output of the formulas into an MS office power point format?
OOo 3.1.1 on MS Windows Vista
AndrewZ
Volunteer

Re: Export as .eps

Post by AndrewZ »

Put the math formula in OpenOffice.org Draw and export as wmf. Let me know how that works for you.
* Did you solve your problem? Do others a favor: Post the solution
* Visit OpenOffice.org Ninja (blog) and OpenOffice.org Ninja Wiki for news, previews, troubleshooting, etc.
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + XP
acknak

Re: Export as .eps

Post by acknak »

You can also create the formulas, e.g. as objects in a Writer document, then copy/paste-special into the presentation as "GDI Metafile". The formula will be a metafile graphic in the presentation, and that should export to PPT directly as a vector metafile.

Of course, anything can happen when you export to a non-native file format. I strongly suggest that you avoid it entirely: you're almost certain to have some nasty surprise. You can use PDF (most PDF viewers can run a slide show), or take OOo with you on a memory stick.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23