# ~=~ 2 cdot { 3 over 8 } x^{8/3} + 
               3 cdot { 3 over 5 } x^{5/3} - 
                      { 3 over 2 } x^{2/3} + C
         # ~=~ { 3 over 4 } x^{8/3} +
               { 9 over 5 } x^{5/3} -
               { 3 over 2 } x^{2/3} + C ~~~~
         } 
}
It's more important to get the math right than spend hours fussing over tiny formatting details.

If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
I was able to get this one working. But is there a way to align the left side to the top instead of in the middle as you can see in your screencap? It looks like that on my computer, as well.
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Thu Aug 13, 2020 4:37 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Original question was about horizontal alisnment; New question requires new topic; Tagged ✓ [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Issue with formatting when aligning equations at the =

Post by Zizi64 »

But is there a way to align the left side to the top instead of in the middle as you can see in your screencap?
Your original formula works for me, when I modified it by the usage the "alignc" command in proper bracing.
Formula.odt
(13.67 KiB) Downloaded 335 times
Click on the picture for a better view.
Click on the picture for a better view.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
MrProgrammer

Re: Issue with formatting when aligning equations at the =

Post by MrProgrammer »

22878 wrote:But is there a way to align the left side to the top instead of in the middle as you can see in your screencap?
Of course. You can use a stack on the left too. It's more work for you and I don't think it adds much clarity to the layout, but the effect is not difficult to achieve. You may find the matrix operator more useful than stack if you want to match the left and right sides. I used stack when I replied to your original post (topic 102567) because it was easier and you didn't tell us there about this additional stipulation. It's simple enough to convert my stack operator from a week ago to matrix, so I'll leave that as a learning experience for you.
Align LHS to top, like RHS
Align LHS to top, like RHS
stack { a # {} # {} # {} } stack { {}=b # {}=c # {}=d # {}=e }
If this solved your problem please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).