[Solved] Math Editor Elements Window

Discuss the formula editor
TGV3

[Solved] Math Editor Elements Window

Post by TGV3 »

Hello,

I am having a real difficult time in finding my Elements window in the Math Editor. I've searched through the topics on the forum and nothing works! All I want to do is put in the inverse for sine and centimetres cubed etc.

I've searched through the formula catalog and could find nothing for the sine inverse or centimetres cubed symbols. I've searched under VIEW for Elements and found nothing. I've tried the TOOLS and found nothing.

Please advise.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.5/Mac
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Re: Math Editor Elements Window

Post by UnklDonald418 »

In the commands window (lower right) of the Formula editor type
cm^3 to to add "centimetres cubed" to your formula
and sin^-1 to add "sine inverse" to your formula
Other math symbols can be accessed in the Math editor by selecting Tools>Catalog (Symbols) to open the Symbols dialog.
Under Symbol set select Special and press the Edit button to open the Edit Symbols dialog.
Looking in the lower left different fonts have different symbol sets available.
The two I have found that have the most math symbols are Arial Unicode MS and Lucinda Sans Unicode
You can scroll through the list of symbols, or under Subset you can select Mathematical Operators to jump to the appropriate area of the symbol list.
If you find something you want, select it and press the Add button and then OK
Your selected symbol will now appear on the list of Special symbols in the Symbols dialog.
Press the Insert button and the symbol will be added to your formula.
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
TGV3

Re: Math Editor Elements Window

Post by TGV3 »

Thank you for the quick reply! It worked.
OpenOffice 4.1.5/Mac