Missing features

Discuss the drawing application
capmonkey

Missing features

Post by capmonkey »

OpenOffice Draw has no pen or paint brush to doodle. And if it does, it is not easily found. Lots of cool features, but the program is garbage because it lacks the most basic. 3 thumbs down.
Last edited by robleyd on Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove Known Issues icon
OpenOffice 2.4
FJCC

Re: Missing features

Post by FJCC »

On the Drawing tool bar there is an icon for drawing curves. It is the 7th from the left on my system. Among the sub items available there are a freeform line and a filled freeform line.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
UnklDonald418
Volunteer

Post by UnklDonald418 »

Draw is a vector graphics editor, "pen or paint brush " are functions of bit mapped graphics editors.
On my Drawing toolbar along the bottom of the window is an icon that displays Curve when I hover the mouse pointer over it. If I select the small arrow to the right of the Curve icon a sub menu pops up with 8 more icons.
When I select the icon on the lower right called Freeform Line I can click and drag a "doodle" style line on my page. When I release the mouse button it displays the line with a number of glue points.
I can click and drag those glue points to adjust the line I have drawn.
If I right click on one of the glue points and select Line from the popup menu I get a Line dialog. On the Line tab I can adjust line Style, Color, Width and Transparency properties.
I am using version 4.1.6, so I can't vouch for what is available with version 2.4 which was replaced June 10th, 2008
If your problem has been solved, please edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the beginning of the subject line
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 & LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 (x86_64) - Windows 10 Professional- Windows 11
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

OpenOffice Draw has no pen or paint brush to doodle. And if it does, it is not easily found.
Of course, there is not such function in a vectorgraphic editor.

But you can colorize the area of the closed shapes like the rectangles, circles and others - by the built-in functions and the Styles. And you can set adjust the line width and line color in the applied Style of the shape.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Lupp
Volunteer

Post by Lupp »

Just to explain things by examples a bit: See attachment.
Attachments
aoo98223_demo_1.odg
(28.62 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München