[Solved] Scale Drawing

Discuss the drawing application
JustBaffled

[Solved] Scale Drawing

Post by JustBaffled »

I have OO Apache 4 (4.1.1). I have looked at previous posts but can't find an answer to my queries although I'm sure there must be a way.

I want to adjust the scale of objects drawn on different drawings and within drawings and although I've looked for guidance (“Tools>Options>Draw>General”) I don't seem to be able to change the default scale or in different views in a given sketch.

1] Can the scale be changed for each file/drawing?
2] The bar at the bottom of the page says 1:1 and I can't find a way to alter this, how is this done?
3] Can the scale be changed for say, enlarged views within a sketch?

Thank you in advance for any help.

JustBaffled!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Open Office 4.1.1 on MacOS 10.11.5
keme
Volunteer

Re: Scale Drawing

Post by keme »

JustBaffled wrote:1] Can the scale be changed for each file/drawing?
2] The bar at the bottom of the page says 1:1 and I can't find a way to alter this, how is this done?
3] Can the scale be changed for say, enlarged views within a sketch?
As far as I know:

1] Yes, the scale is a property of the drawing file. You can change it individually for each file. All pages ("slides") of a file will use the same scale.
2] Not sure what "page" you are referring to.
  • If it is the "Drawing scale" dropdown field in Tools - Options - Draw - General, you should be able to select from the dropdown, or type in any scale you desire if it is not already available.
    If it is the Draw window's status bar, I cannot see any indicator like you describe there.
    Is it perhaps some other "page", e.g. a slide (page in your drawing file)?
3] No, not within the same file. The entire file uses one scale setting.

Also, there is no automated way to resize objects according to scale, (e.g. to get proportional view of objects from multiple sources). The scale is only a way to adjust the display of measurement tools (measurement lines, rulers, guides). Adjusting scale does not adjust size of drawn objects on the sheet. It will only change the displayed measures.
JustBaffled

Re: Scale Drawing

Post by JustBaffled »

Thank you for your reply. I now understand the way changes of scale are implemented and the limitations that apply. I have successfully set up a drawing with the scale (measurement rulers) I was trying to achieve earlier but failed beause I didn't understand the limitations. I was trying to alter the drawing size on the page. Nevertheless it's a good drawing programme and thank you again for your help.

JustBaffled!
Open Office 4.1.1 on MacOS 10.11.5