Invalid parameter error when export to pdf

Discuss the drawing application
dimck1222

Invalid parameter error when export to pdf

Post by dimck1222 »

"Error saving <my document name.pdf>The operation was started with an invalid parameter"
I JUST downloaded the 4.1.6 version to overwrite my 4.1.3 version, which (in DRAW,) would no longer export photos with a transparency %. NOW I can't export to pdf at ALL. I get the above error message. I NEED this fixed. These are my business print materials.
Open Office 4.1.6 O/S = Windows 10
FJCC

Re: invalid parameter error whn export to pdf

Post by FJCC »

PDF export from Draw works on my Windows 10 system, so it does not seem to be a problem inherent to 4.1.6. Try resetting your user profile. To do that:
Shutdown OpenOffice
Open any folder and enter %appdata%\openoffice\4 in the address bar near the top of the window.
Rename the user folder to user_old
Restart OpenOffice. You should get the registration screen.

Does PDF export work now?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
murraymcleod

Re: Invalid parameter error when export to pdf

Post by murraymcleod »

I have this same problem, performed the folder rename, went through the user reg again, and still have this problem...what now?!
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 10
Bidouille
Volunteer

Post by Bidouille »

Strange? Could you attach a sample document to reproduce?
murraymcleod

Post by murraymcleod »

Lido 2019 Schedule.odt
(13.23 KiB) Downloaded 400 times
Here is the document giving the error.... thanks.
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

I can export your file without any problem in my AOO 4.1.5 portable version, and in my LO 6.1.6 version (I have not AOO 4.1.6 on my PC - and I have a permanently installed LO 6.1.6 x64 version).

Try to downgrade the AOO or try the LibreOffice (at least a portable version...).
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

No problems exporting using OpenOffice 4.1.6 on Windows 7 Pro
One independent option is to use Zamzar to do the conversion.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
murraymcleod

Post by murraymcleod »

I can export other files to PDF fine....why would this file only cause a problem?
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Three of us have successfully exported the file you uploaded to PDF format using both OpenOffice and LibreOffice, so we have no idea why you are having trouble as we can not duplicate the problem.
I made a suggestion for an alternative, and if this is a one file or one time problem, thrn Zamzar should be a good option, since you do not need to pay to try it.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
murraymcleod

Post by murraymcleod »

Thanks... I'll try Zamzar but it seemed one had to subscribe to use it, but I'll check again.
murraymcleod

Post by murraymcleod »

One final word on this issue....I WAS able to convert the file to a PDF by using the "Send.... Email as PDF..." option! Then I just saved the PDF document created by that process!!! A bit strange?
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

Technically a subscription to Zamzar is required, but if you are willing to work within the limitations of the free subscription terms, which are fairly clearly explained on the site, then the term subscription is, almost, irrelevant.
sidsigsiro

Post by sidsigsiro »

I was having the same problem, but I had a version of the document open on an online pdf reader. Make sure you don't have the document opened up anywhere then try.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 on Windows 10