How to rotate 90 degree of number in Asia vertical format?

Discuss the drawing application
wowhsieh

How to rotate 90 degree of number in Asia vertical format?

Post by wowhsieh »

I didn't see the place to edit a number(8 or 88 or 888) to rotate 90 degree in Asia vertical format?
But it can be done in Openoffice write.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 7
Hagar Delest

Re: How to rotate 90 degree of number in Asia vertical forma

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Simple solution: add it in a text box and rotate it 90°.
Or do you want some more complex layout linked to Asian format?
Tools>Options>Language settings>Languages and then checking the option Show UI elements for East Asian writings may help.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
wowhsieh

Post by wowhsieh »

Hagar Delest wrote:Hi and welcome to the forum!

Simple solution: add it in a text box and rotate it 90°.
Or do you want some more complex layout linked to Asian format?
Tools>Options>Language settings>Languages and then checking the option Show UI elements for East Asian writings may help.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the *EDIT button if your issue has been fixed.

I think the simple solution is not a good idea because if there are a lot of numbers.
and I already did the complex layout on the settings, still not work?!
attachment is a test odg file, and see if you can figure out a solution, thanks.
Attachments
Test.odg
(11.42 KiB) Downloaded 231 times
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

If you do mainly text/numbers, Writer may be a viable alternative. The wordprocessor app has better support for text adjustment. One drawback is that there is a limit to how wide text area Writer will allow. IIRC the limit is around 64 cm, so you'll lose a little real estate compared to what you are using in Draw.

I have exactly zero experience with Asian writing, so I don't know that you can make it work smoothly in Writer, but perhaps worth a try.
wowhsieh

Post by wowhsieh »

keme wrote:If you do mainly text/numbers, Writer may be a viable alternative. The wordprocessor app has better support for text adjustment. One drawback is that there is a limit to how wide text area Writer will allow. IIRC the limit is around 64 cm, so you'll lose a little real estate compared to what you are using in Draw.

I have exactly zero experience with Asian writing, so I don't know that you can make it work smoothly in Writer, but perhaps worth a try.
OpenOffice Draw is good for larger graphical page size 72Wx120H cm which OpenOffice writer or MS Word seems not support, I use Adobe Illustrator to work with vertical number and Asian characters, export to png file so I can import to the multimedia display screen. since only few people has Illustrator, so I think maybe they can use OpenOffice Draw in this job.