[Solved] Copy paste and edit the original

Discuss the drawing application
Lakeman2111

[Solved] Copy paste and edit the original

Post by Lakeman2111 »

Copy and paste go well but I can not edit the original. The original is a group. I can get into the group and the rest becomes gray. Can leave the group again and again but I can not edit. What I do not understand?
Last edited by Lakeman2111 on Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Windows 7
RusselB

Re: Copy paste and edit the original

Post by RusselB »

Is this in Calc, Writer, Base, Impress or Math?
Can you upload a document that shows the problem so that we can test it ourselves?
See [Forum] How to attach a document for help regarding attaching a document,
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Lakeman2111

Post by Lakeman2111 »

Sorry, it's in the draw
RusselB

Post by RusselB »

I have to defer this topic to someone else, as I have never used Draw and, therefore, know nothing about it.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
FJCC

Post by FJCC »

To edit a group, I left click on it to select it and then right click and select Edit Group. Objects that are not in the group then become grey and I can edit the group. Does that not work for you?
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Just a thought - maybe the Navigator would allow you to select elements of a group? F5 or View | Navigator.
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
Lakeman2111

Post by Lakeman2111 »

Problem solved!
It has to do with different layers and the top layer was locked. If you copy a group in an underlying layer, it is placed in the top layer and could not be changed because the layer was locked.