Page 1 of 1

[Solved] Another "multiple image" question

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:50 pm
by CherylMASS
The other day I created two Draw documents. I inserted pictures from a Download file with no issues. Today I tried doing the same thing (creating a Draw document and inserting an image from a Download file) and the image came onto the Draw document as you would see on a sheet of school class photos: multiple tiled. Is there a multiple tile setting on OO that I might have accidentally selected? How can I correct this?

Re: Another "multiple image" question

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:35 pm
by Hagar Delest
I think it happened to me with Impress few weeks ago.
Try to create a new page and insert the pic there. Then copy and paste it in the desired location.
I think there may be some shape selected or at least remaining selected for AOO and then the pic is inserted as background of that shape.
Haven't tried to investigate however.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.

Re: Another "multiple image" question

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:31 am
by keme
When you drag a picture onto the Draw sheet, it is inserted as an image object and should appear as one single image.

When you drag a picture into a predefined shape, it is inserted as object fill/background. The default setting for fill is "side by side", which will give tiled images inside the shape.
If this applies to your situation, right click the object and select Area..., then untick Side by side.

Re: Another "multiple image" question

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:32 pm
by CherylMASS
keme

I followed your suggestion and explanation.

I right clicked, went to "Area", then unticked "Tile" and unticked "Autofit" . That worked!

In my other designs I must have added the image before I added the text box.
Thank you!

Re: Another "multiple image" question

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:35 pm
by CherylMASS
Hagar,
Thank you for your reply and work around. I did see that your method worked, but wanted to find an explanation and solution to working in the original document.

Thanks again!