[Solved] ODG/ODF draw to Jpeg

Discuss the drawing application
paganfyre

[Solved] ODG/ODF draw to Jpeg

Post by paganfyre »

Open Office has a very nice art center but it's not set up for JPEG. The only files I appear to be allowed is saving as ODG or ODF Drawing. I very much want to be able to use Open Office draw to complete my manuscript for Kindle. Or does kindle have a special art program I can use. But I really like the Open Office draw section. How do I change it to JPEG?
Last edited by robleyd on Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved] [robleyd, Moderator]
Open office version 4.1.3
operating system is HP
robleyd

Re: ODG/ODF draw to Jpeg

Post by robleyd »

G'day, and welcome to the community forum.

File | Export... and, from the dropdown list labelled File format, select JPEG
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
John_Ha
Volunteer

Post by John_Ha »

JPG should only be used for photos as it uses lossy compression.

If you are saving from Draw, and the page is anything except a photo; or if you have any text or draw objects with edges on the page, then you should save as PNG because saving as JPG will add blotches and artefacts and blur edges. PNG uses lossless compression.

See [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images for a discussion on how best to handle images.
LO 6.4.4.2, Windows 10 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Guide, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and Writer for students.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
paganfyre

Post by paganfyre »

Thank you so much for the reply robleyd, you have just saved me a lot of problems. Have a real nice day to you/ or evening, wherever you are on this globe lol.
Thank you again.
operating system is HP
paganfyre

Post by paganfyre »

John_Ha wrote:JPG should only be used for photos as it uses lossy compression.

If you are saving from Draw, and the page is anything except a photo; or if you have any text or draw objects with edges on the page, then you should save as PNG because saving as JPG will add blotches and artefacts and blur edges. PNG uses lossless compression.

See [Tutorial] Some useful hints on using images for a discussion on how best to handle images.

Thanks for replying John - no it is not a photo just a some sketches and also typing. You and robleyd have just solved all my problems with this. Thank you so much.
operating system is HP