Insert image onto page not into shape

Discuss the drawing application
janetmyatt

Insert image onto page not into shape

Post by janetmyatt »

Hi, I'm having problems inserting an image into a document. OO keeps putting the image into the rectangle already on the page even though it's not selected. I want to place the image on top of the rectangle not in it. Also, I am trying to change the dimensions of the canvas from square to rectangle. So, I've made a new document with rectangular dimensions, but OO keeps reverting the image to a square. Any advice?
Example of what I don't want.
Example of what I don't want.
2018-02-05 wrong.png (26.9 KiB) Viewed 1922 times
I want to overlay this image onto the rectangle gradient
I want to overlay this image onto the rectangle gradient
2018-02-05.png (33.95 KiB) Viewed 1922 times
Open Office 4.1.2 installed on Windows 10
keme
Volunteer

Re: Insert image onto page not into shape

Post by keme »

I recall that this was an issue with a previous version. Didn't tvink that it was as late as 4.1.2, but if that is what you are using you could solve it by downloading the most recent version.

I believe that this happened when there was only one object in your drawing. Try to insert a dummy object before the image, then delete the dummy again.
Lupp
Volunteer

Re: Insert image onto page not into shape

Post by Lupp »

keme wrote:I believe that this happened when there was only one object in your drawing. Try to insert a dummy object before the image, then delete the dummy again.
I tried with V4.1.5 and two rectangles in the first slide/page. The inserted picture replaced the second shape (or its area).

Another workaround: Create a second slide/page (empty) as an intermediate place for imported pictures. Cut them then and paste them to where you want.
On Windows 10: LibreOffice 24.2 (new numbering) and older versions, PortableOpenOffice 4.1.7 and older, StarOffice 5.2
---
Lupp from München