Create space photo problems

Discuss the drawing application
williaca

Create space photo problems

Post by williaca »

I am new to this site and I REALLY hope someone can help me. I have submitted a manuscript to CreateSpace for publication; however, they have a limit of 40 photos and my document contains 84. They were somewhat snippy on the phone and said either cut half of them or "collage them" but they wouldn't explain. I am thinking I could put 2 or 3 photos (which are now dispersed throughout the book) at the end of each chapter, and somehow re-format them so that the CS reviewer sees them as ONE image. I am extremely UN-technical...can anyone explain how I can do this as if I were a 3-year-old?
Open Office 4.1.1 on MacBook Pro
RusselB

Re: create space photo problems

Post by RusselB »

Creating a collage is the process of taking multiple pictures, and then joining them together in a manner so that you only have one picture that consists of those multiple pictures.
I'm thinking the easiest way to do this, is to use Draw.
1) Start Draw
2) Use Insert -> File (select the file that you want to insert)
3) Create a new page
4) Repeat steps 2-3 until all pictures have been imported
NOTE: These steps can be done after each insertion
5) Go to each page that has a picture and resize it, if necessary.
6) Copy the image to another page that already has an image (on my Windows system, I just had to right click on the image)
7) Reorganize the images on the page(s) that contain multiple images.
8) Delete the page that the image was copied from.
When all of the images are on one page, use File -> Export to export the page with all of the pictures of your collage to a picture file (.bmp was the default on my system)
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.