Draw crashes when I choose Landscape orientation

Discuss the drawing application
Leo North

Draw crashes when I choose Landscape orientation

Post by Leo North »

I'm running Open Office on 3 computers, all 64 bit versions of Windows 7 - 2 on Home Premium (SP1) and one on Win 7 Pro. Firewalls, VPNs, anti virus and anti malware on and off - it doesn't matter. When I go to change the page orientation in Draw the program freezes, and I have to kill it all with Task Manager. Nothing else will shut the program down. I'm out of ideas - I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times over the past 10 months. Re installed Windows 7, even had my hard drives changed out for SSDs. No joy. I've deleted all the old files where I first noticed the problem (last October) and re created templates from scratch. I deleted the originals just to be sure I'm not spreading a problem to new files.

Just to cover it, I have recently (once again) been able to save a template for Draw in landscape orientation, but it worked once or twice and froze - as always.

I also use Libre Office from time to time. Same problem there too.

I am a big fan of Open Office and I really like it, I've been using it well over 10 years. I've survived a hundred bugs and problems, but I'm unable to solve this one.

Any ideas or suggestions out there?
Open Office 4.1.2 Windows 7 X 64 Premium
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Draw crashes when I choose Landscape orientation

Post by Zizi64 »

This function works for me without any problem on my Win7 prof 64 bit, with LO 4.4.7; LO 5.3.5 portable and AOO 4.1.3 portable.
I usually use European standard A/4 and A/3 page sizes.

What page size are you using?
Have you tried to reset your user profile? (I suppose, it will not a solution, because the AOO and LO not work in same time, on same computer...)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Leo North

Post by Leo North »

I've reset the page size to A4, then I changed the orientation to landscape, saved it, and will play with it over the next few days to see what happens. I uninstalled everything, LO is not on this one computer. OO is a new download and fresh install.

I'll know within a few days if this works and will get back to you.

Thanks for the idea!
Open Office 4.1.2 Windows 7 X 64 Premium
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

See Tools - Options, branch Draw - Print
Is the "Paper tray from printer settings" box ticked? untick!

This is a shot in the dark, but it is the one thing I can think of outside Writer which has a bearing on paper size/orientation. Should not be an issue, but it sometimes is, in conjunction with buggy print drivers, "hostbased" printers or some print-to-file virtual printer set as the default for printing.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10