[Solved] Change fontwork character attributes

Discuss the drawing application
Jotuna

[Solved] Change fontwork character attributes

Post by Jotuna »

I have a simple task: put curved text along the bottom of a circle. I've figured everything out except how to remove the distortions inherited from the gallery text. The gallery text is elongated top to bottom, has exaggerated width and is wider at the bottom than the top. Am now at 2+ hours on this "simple" project and cannot stand much more! Any help will be appreciated.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Jotuna
Open Office 4.1.3 on Windows 10, 64 bit
acknak

Re: Change fontwork character attributes

Post by acknak »

Did you start with the "fontwork gallery" samples? If so, I think they have limited flexibility.

If you use the "text on a curve" function, you get more flexibility, at the cost of more complexity.
See: viewtopic.php?f=74&t=13811
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Jotuna

Post by Jotuna »

Thank you for the thorough analysis and recommendations acknac! I did start with the Fontwork gallery; nothing could be modified into what I wanted. I know little about Open Office products as Google does the trick for most of my now small needs. Now it appears that I will be learning about Inkscape. It is a boon to frugal people to have such quality software available free. Thank you again.
Jotuna
Open Office 4.1.3 on Windows 10, 64 bit
acknak

Post by acknak »

Good move. Inkscape is far more flexible and capable when it comes to warping text.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23