Putting text in a customized shape

Discuss the drawing application
Badger Fan

Putting text in a customized shape

Post by Badger Fan »

Hi

I'm looking for help designing a title to attach to a photo I put in a frame.

What I have in mind is a rectangle a bit smaller than a business card that has, instead of a straight line edge from one corner to the next, a line that curves a bit towards the center of the box then back up. (picture a rope with some slack in it attached to the corners with a sag in the middle due to gravity) I'd like to pot a black border around that box and then put the title "GHOST BUCK" in bold gray letters in that box.

I appreciate your patience as I'm a novice at anything computer.

Thanks much

Badger Fan
Open Office 4 on Windows 7 Professional
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Putting text in a customized shape

Post by Zizi64 »

a rectangle a bit smaller than a business card that has, instead of a straight line edge from one corner to the next, a line that curves a bit towards the center of the box then back up. ...
...I appreciate your patience as I'm a novice at anything computer.
In this case I can suggest you: use one of the predefined shapes for your task (for example: the Bevel, the Cloud, or some Flowchart shape...).
You can try to modify a predefined shape, or you can draw your own shape based on the existing features in the Draw application: but maybe it will difficult for a beginner.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
acknak

Re: Putting text in a customized shape

Post by acknak »

You may also want to play with the "fontwork" feature—there's a button for it on the drawing toolbar. It provides some "text in a shape" options.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23