[Solved] Format and colors reset to default for new lines

Discuss the drawing application
Raptorman88

[Solved] Format and colors reset to default for new lines

Post by Raptorman88 »

Hi! I love this program, but currently frustrated with one element in draw. It seems that every time I draw a new line or new object it reverts its properties (color, font, line size, etc. ) to the default (line size 0.00 grey color, no fill). So, every time I draw something I have to go back and edit the object to the format I need. This takes a ridiculous amount of time. Can I change the defaults to black and 0.01 line size? How do I keep the same format within individual projects? Thanks!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office 3.4.1 on Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
keme
Volunteer

Re: Format and colors reset to default each time I draw new

Post by keme »

If you change settings after you pick a drawing tool (line, shape, etc), the settings sometimes revert to defaults when you change tool (changes apply only to that tool, usually only a single object). If you change your settings when the selection tool (arrow mouse pointer) is active, settings should stick (apply to all subsequent objects you draw).

To make your choices default settings for new objects, sticky also across save/open, you need to change the Default object style. The style is local to the file, so it will not apply to other (or new) drawings. This will also change appearance of drawing objects which have not been directly formatted.

You can make a drawing template and base your new drawings on that. This way you alter settings also for new drawings (by changing the template). Still it will not apply to existing drawings.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
Raptorman88

Re: Format and colors reset to default each time I draw new

Post by Raptorman88 »

Got it! THANKS!
Open Office 3.4.1 on Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.6