Close automatic ratio weight/height while image-export

Discuss the drawing application
Marsia

Close automatic ratio weight/height while image-export

Post by Marsia »

HELLO EVRYBODY, ;)

I'm new in this forum. Not seeing this topic before I start ;) :

I'm trying to export an image grouped with a text, and that succeeds all fine, out of opendrawdokument. But when I try to adjust Weight, Height change automatically too and the other way around. Is it and how possible to disconnect this?
Last edited by Marsia on Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.3 on Windows 8
acknak

Re: Close automatic ratio weight,height exporting an image

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

Sorry, I don't think this is possible to do at the image export step. At that point, the pixel dimensions (height & width) are set based on the dimensions from the drawing. If you change either pixel size, the other will change to match the size set in the drawing.

If you need a specific pixel height & width, you may have to export to an image, then open the exported image in an image editor and adjust the exact size as needed.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

If you use a rectangle shape (from the rectangle tool, not the rectangle from "Basic shapes" toolbox), you can format text to fit to frame. See attachment.

Another approach is to convert text to vector graphic. That makes it more flexible in the graphical sense, but it is no longer editable as text.
Attachments
TextFit.odg
(12.55 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
Marsia

Post by Marsia »

Thanks a lot for the quick answers!
Well keme I dont have a problem with the text right now but I will try an image editor.
Wich one are recommandable?
Marsia

Post by Marsia »

The problem is that I have to upload this image I worked on that will be saved already in the wright size height & width. :roll: Which way or program allows me to adjust the image in the width and height I need and than save it in that size!?
acknak

Re: Close automatic ratio weight/height while image-export

Post by acknak »

If you need to create the image content and export to a specific pixel size, then you have to employ some software other than OO at some point.

You can create the content in OO, export to some pixel size that's convenient and supported by OO Draw, then open the result in some image editor (for example, photoshop or gimp and many others) and either scale or crop the image to the final size.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23