[Solved-Workaround] Exported file showing invisible layers

Discuss the drawing application
Mjj18

[Solved-Workaround] Exported file showing invisible layers

Post by Mjj18 »

Why is it doing this? Exporting to PNG, Bitmap, Tiff... it includes the layers I have invisible and not printable. The images are on the default Controls layer, is that the problem?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.3, Windows 10
acknak

Re: Exported file showing invisible layers

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

I don't know why the "Controls" layer would behave any differently, but I can say that I never use it (or the "Dimension Lines") layers, and exporting to an image file doesn't include layers with the "visible" property turned off.

If avoiding those layers doesn't help, you may need to create a small test drawing that shows the problem and attach that here so we can see exactly what you're working with.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Mjj18

Re: Exported file showing invisible layers

Post by Mjj18 »

Thanks for the response. Deleting the image from the control layer and pasting it to an added layer hasn't solved the problem. I instead just sent the selected image "to the back". That solved the issue but it's still weird invisible layers are included in exported files.
Mjj18

Re: [Solved-Workaround] Exported file showing invisible laye

Post by Mjj18 »

It's not solved. I don't consider it an acceptable work around. But I'm not interested in trying to figure it out any longer.
acknak

Re: [Solved-Workaround] Exported file showing invisible laye

Post by acknak »

Not sure what to tell you. It works correctly for me.

This is the second report of pdf export not working correctly on Windows 10. I don't know why that might be, OO does it's own pdf export, but it's starting to look a bit suspicious.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23