[Solved] Fontwork character spacing not working

Discuss the drawing application
kalimcq

[Solved] Fontwork character spacing not working

Post by kalimcq »

I tried searching for this already but have not found anything useful.

I use the fontwork character spacing a lot and it just seemed to stop working. I updated the OpenOffice thinking that would rectify the problem but it hasn't. I have the fontwork toolbar and usually use that but it doesn't even have a drop down anymore when I click on the spacing. I've tried using the toolbar on the right of the page under properties, text, character spacing (same exact picture as the top fontwork toolbar) and it will not change the actual text. If I click on the text that I want changed and it opens up where I can change the word (text) it will change it there after I highlight it but it doesn't change the look of the text once I'm out of the box.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.3
Windows
acknak

Re: fontwork character spacing not working

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

If OO suddenly starts acting strangely, the usual approach is to get a fresh OO settings profile. This just means exiting OO, renaming (or removing) the folder where OO stores all its settings, then restarting OO--it will then create a new settings profile folder.

For details, see: [Tutorial] The OOo user profile
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
kalimcq

Re: Fontwork character spacing not working

Post by kalimcq »

Thank you so much!!!! After opening up like 20 tabs, looking through EVERYTHING, I finally figured out how to rename the folder and crossed my fingers that if it didn't work I'd remember how to get back to that file. But once I renamed it and went back into OpenOffice it worked!!!! THANK YOU!!!!
OpenOffice 4.1.3
Windows