Removing color from a line drawing

Discuss the drawing application
davedoty

Removing color from a line drawing

Post by davedoty »

I'm a total newbie on Draw. In fact, until I tried to do this I had never even opened the program, which I only had because it came with the suite. I'm operating Draw 4.1.2 on WIndows 10.

I'm trying to figure out a way to take a line drawing that has been colored in, and strip the color while leaving the black and white line drawing, to effectively create my own "adult coloring book" pages. The obvious answers: putting it in black and white or messing with the color adjustments didn't yield the results I was looking for because many of the colored areas became the color of the line drawing instead of empty space. Is there a relatively simple way to acconplish what I want?
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10
acknak

Re: Removing color from a line drawing

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

Sorry, I don't know of any "push button" answer.

You might try using the "color replacer" tool: it allows you to pick any color in an image and change it to white (or transparent).

Tools > Color replacer > ... a new dialog window opens. Click the brush icon and click on a region of the image you want to change. Click the "replace" button.

Could be tedious if you have many areas of different colors to remove.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Zizi64
Volunteer

Post by Zizi64 »

You can use an "empty" Shape style for the color filled shapes. Select all of the Shapes and apply the Style by a double click on the stylename of Styles and formatting sidebar panel.
But it works with the vectorgraphic objects only.
You need a pixelgraphic editor softvare for the pixelgraphic pictures. Try the Gimp or others. The IrfanView picture manipulator (it is not an image editor) software can reduce the color depth to 2 colors (B&W) of the pixelgraphic images.
Last edited by Zizi64 on Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
davedoty

Post by davedoty »

Thanks for the ideas. I'll play around with those.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10