[Solved] Gamma, poster etc

Discuss the drawing application
Mirabelle

[Solved] Gamma, poster etc

Post by Mirabelle »

Hello. I recently lost 3.1 which had special effects like poster and charcoal, also gamma and contrast. I've got the new 4 version but can't find these things on it. Sorry if it's obvious, I'm not into the technical side of things but love creating and playing with photos etc. I''d be grateful for your help.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
RusselB

Re: gamma, poster etc

Post by RusselB »

Using the Find tab in the Help file (F1), I found that there are a few entries for gamma and contrast, but nothing for poster or charcoal.

If you feel you really need these features, and can't find them, then I suggest downloading a copy of 3.1 from http://www.openoffice.org/download/archive.html

Do to the fact that 3.x and 4.x store their profile setting in different locations, it is possible to have both 3.x and 4.x versions installed simultaneously.
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

In Draw open Help and look up "Charcoal sketches filter"
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
robleyd

Post by robleyd »

Charcoal and poster are both available via the Filter icon on the Picture toolbar which appears on my OO as below:
oocharcoal.jpg
You may need to turn on the Picture toolbar via View|Toolbars
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.2.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.2 by Eric Hameleers
Mirabelle

Re: Gamma, poster etc

Post by Mirabelle »

Sorted! Thankyou all so much for your help - what a good thing there are people who are both kind and brilliant! Happy Christmas. Mirabelle