[Solved] Setting drawing scale

Discuss the drawing application
RoadieM

[Solved] Setting drawing scale

Post by RoadieM »

I have downloaded version 4.1.2. Am attempting to set scale for a drawing, 1/2" = 12ft.Go to Tools, Options, General, where a window should appear with
standard scales to choose from. Nothing happens. I have downloaded Java, and still nothing happens.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10
robleyd

Re: setting drawing scale

Post by robleyd »

Welcome to the community forum.

There is a scale option under the Draw settings in Options on my install of AOO; open a new Draw document, then go to Tools|Options|OpenOfice Draw and look in the General tab.
Attachments
drawoptions.jpg
Cheers
David
OS - Slackware 15 64 bit
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15
LibreOffice 24.2.1.2; SlackBuild for 24.2.1 by Eric Hameleers
acknak

Post by acknak »

RoadieM wrote:... set scale for a drawing, 1/2" = 12ft. ...
I'm not sure what the scale setting will accept.

I believe you may have to enter this as a simple ratio: 1:(24*12) = 1:288

Note that the precision of sizes and positions will be limited to 1/100 of the measurement unit. 0.01 feet is about an eighth of an inch.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
RoadieM

Post by RoadieM »

I have gone thru the menu options, tools, options, general, open office draw. this brings up the drawing documents screen telling you that this is where you define the setting for the scale you want. If you click on the screen it disappears and sends you back to the drawing screen it never gives me the list of
scales that are available nor does it tell me how to change the scale on the drawing screen Any suggestions?.
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

RoadieM wrote:I have gone thru the menu options, tools, options, general, open office draw. this brings up the drawing documents screen telling you that this is where you define the setting for the scale you want. If you click on the screen it disappears and sends you back to the drawing screen it never gives me the list of
scales that are available nor does it tell me how to change the scale on the drawing screen Any suggestions?.
In Tools - Options, expand the Draw branch, and select the General inside that. You should get the form for selecting drawing settings. The Scale field should provide a dropdown, but you can enter any scale you want. Click inside the field and type "1:288" to get the scaling you requested above. Also, make sure to select an appropriate unit of measurement - foot or inch - to get useable rulers.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
RoadieM

Post by RoadieM »

Thanks for the directions. This is exactly what I was looking for.