Reduce Height row

Discuss the drawing application
Snoopy_87

Reduce Height row

Post by Snoopy_87 »

Hi everbody,

I'm working on Openoffice Draw and on my page I have inserted a Table. My problem is that I can't reduce the height of the row as small as I would like. When I reduce manually, at some point I'm stuck. Is there any option which allow me to reduce the height of the row as small as I want ?

Thanks

Snoopy
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Window 7
keme
Volunteer

Re: Reduce Height row

Post by keme »

The table object available in Draw is not very configurable. I have found it easiest to insert a Writer object and make a table in that.
Insert - Object - OLE object... - Text
Writer provides the most comprehensive set of table and content formatting functions. In some cases it may still be better to insert a spreadsheet table.

The embedded object in Draw may initially "misbehave", offsetting or resizing the table when you exit the object.
Fix:
With the embedded object open for editing, reduce margins to zero and set page size to only slightly larger than the table.

Most likely there are other ways to achieve what you want. In most cases I find it easier to work with mixed documents in the Writer interface instead of Draw. Never had any trouble with Draw objects inserted in Writer. If you explain your ultimate goal for this, someone may provide a better solution.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10