[Solved] Continuous page view in Draw

Discuss the drawing application
cassini

[Solved] Continuous page view in Draw

Post by cassini »

Hi,

I have a drawing which extends over several pages.
Is it possible to have a "continuous page view" and to scroll the pages almost seamlessly ?

Thanks
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.2 on Windows 7
keme
Volunteer

Re: Continuous page view in Draw

Post by keme »

cassini wrote:Is it possible to have a "continuous page view" and to scroll the pages almost seamlessly ?
Not in Draw that I know about.

If you export to pdf it should be possible, but then you are not in "edit mode" anymore.

You can define a page size to allow your entire drawing. Then you can scroll in both dimensions, zoom in on details and pan out for the full picture.
When printing a page size which doesn't fit to available paper, you will get the option to either print on multiple sheets or shrink to fit one sheet. You then need to manually take care of object placements, so you don't spread objects across sheet boundaries (assuming that it is important to avoid that).
You can put guide lines where the bage break occurs, so you see where objects need to be moved.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

keme wrote:
cassini wrote:You can define a page size to allow your entire drawing. Then you can scroll in both dimensions, zoom in on details and pan out for the full picture.
When printing a page size which doesn't fit to available paper, you will get the option to either print on multiple sheets or shrink to fit one sheet. You then need to manually take care of object placements, so you don't spread objects across sheet boundaries (assuming that it is important to avoid that).
You can put guide lines where the bage break occurs, so you see where objects need to be moved.
Note that the maximum Page size allowable in OpenOffice is 300cm x 300 cm (approx 120" x 120")
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
cassini

Post by cassini »

Thanks for your help,
I didn't realise that the page length could be so long.
This solves my problem.

Regards.
OpenOffice 4.2 on Windows 7