[Solved] Missing tools in the menu

Discuss the drawing application
veryfast

[Solved] Missing tools in the menu

Post by veryfast »

Hello,

I am using the Draw program for many years happily now, for basic drawings - nothing complicated.

Since one - two weeks ago the drawing program does not have the different tools that had appeared when you clicked on the down-arrow just to the right of the basic shape, or tools. Attached a photo showing in the red circle when I push the down arrow to get more line drawing options (in this case the line drawing options, but all tools behave like this now) there is nothing showing when you push the arrow; unlike before this, there were many other options on manipulating the line (in this case the line).
OpenOffice Draw missing tools.jpg
Thank you for the help.
Regards
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows 7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Missing tools in the menu

Post by Zizi64 »

I have installed AOO 4.1.2. It contains those icons:
Missing tool.png

You can try to reset (rename or delete) the user profile of the AOO. ( The AOO will create a new one when you restart it.)

Or you can install (by a clear installation) the latest AOO or LibreOffice version. The 'Clear installation" means: you need manually delete the rest of the program directory, and the User profile after uninstalling the old version.

Note: you will lost the custom settings, user defined macros, etc... when you delete the User profile of the AOO. You must make a backup of your important macros, etc. before...
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I think you should rename your user profile,; OO will generate a new on on next startup.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
veryfast

Post by veryfast »

Thank you for your replies. I renamed the user profile already, but it did not change. I will try to install the 4.1.2
OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows 7
veryfast

Post by veryfast »

I just installed the 4.1.2 version AND all the tools are back. Thank y'all again, big help.
OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows 7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Missing tools in the menu

Post by Zizi64 »

I just installed the 4.1.2 version AND all the tools are back. Thank y'all again, big help.
OpenOffice 4.1.1
Windows 7
Please update your signature in this Forum.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.