Printing a gift envelope, cant set page size for printing.

Discuss the drawing application
FitMan

Printing a gift envelope, cant set page size for printing.

Post by FitMan »

Hi,
I have been trying to create a decorative envelope to use at Christmas. I set the 'page' size and orientation to match my envelopes dimensions and construct the design using clip-art and text, so far so good. However when I go to print my creation the 'print' command tells me that the printer thinks I am using A4 paper, and therefore it prints the image on the inside of my printer! ( the envelope I am using is 22cmx11cm). Nothing I try will convince the software that I am not printing onto a sheet of A4! :(

regards.
K.
OpenOffice 4 on windows 7
RoryOF

Re: Printing a gift envelope, cant set page size for printin

Post by RoryOF »

You may need to set your printer to a user size of the envelope (/File /Print : Properties button). Look also to see if it knows about DL envelopes, as 22x11cm is a DL envelope; if it does, select that, probably from the manual feed.

As a workaround, print it on a sheet of A4 paper, then paste it down on the envelope (cut full size to fit envelope).
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
FitMan

Post by FitMan »

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. My printer prints addresses on envelopes without any problem in a word processor, and when I used to use Office, it would do what I am trying to do now using Office's drawing program. Surely there must be some way of doing this in Open Office?
Thanks also for your work around suggestion, I had come to the same conclusion myself!
OpenOffice 4 on windows 7
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

To be frank, I don't (and have never tried to) print envelopes in OO. For the few envelopes I need I simply print a second copy of the letter, chop out the destination address, and paste it onto an envelope. I have guillotine and paste beside my workstation, so this is quick to do.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS