[Solved] Export to PDF (OO Draw)

Discuss the drawing application
larart46

[Solved] Export to PDF (OO Draw)

Post by larart46 »

I am using OO 4.4.1 on MacOS 10.10.3. I recently updated to Adobe Reader XI, v. 11.0.11. When I created a Draw document and exported it to PDF, I found that the normal Adobe Reader menus were no longer present for re-saving the file. This also occurred when I sent the file to a Windows user. The menus are present in the Mac application, Preview. My solution was to import the file to iDraw and then run the PDF save in that application. Is anyone else experiencing this issue between OO and Adobe Reader?
Thanks, Larry
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
Open Office 4.1.1 on Mac OS 10.10.3
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Export to PDF(OO Draw)

Post by Zizi64 »

Why you need to re-save a pdf file (created with AOO draw or LO) with a pdf reader software?
The reader softwares usually have not editing features.

It is a hybrid file (ODF type file embedded into a PDF)?

Have you try it another pdf reader softwares? (Foxit Reader, etc...)
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
larart46

Re: Export to PDF(OO Draw)

Post by larart46 »

It is probably not a big issue for other users. I create a file for a local newspaper (the Windows user) who saves the pdf to her publishing software and was apparently doing that from the Adobe Reader. You can close the request.
Open Office 4.1.1 on Mac OS 10.10.3