No main toolbar in Draw

Discuss the drawing application
ellzee

No main toolbar in Draw

Post by ellzee »

I am new to OpenOfficeDraw. An opened new drawing does NOT have a Main Toolbar opened on the left side of the screen. I am unable to find it. It is needed to produce a drawing. The Main Toolbar does not show up on the toolbar menu. I don't know what to do. Please help.

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases the chances of a reply (Hagar, Moderator).
ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Open office 2.4
Hagar Delest

Re: open office draw

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

You can try to reset your OpenOffice user profile.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Re: No main toolbar in Draw

Post by acknak »

OO Draw does not normally have any toolbar on the left side. The main toolbar is at the top; the Drawing toolbar with all the drawing objects and effects is at the bottom of the screen. The Drawing toolbar is controlled through View > Toolbars > Drawing: ON/OFF

The left side of the screen normally shows the page panel. You can check under View > Page Pane: ON/OFF. The page panel can also be toggled open or closed by the center grip (tiny dotted area in the center of the frame).
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
ellzee

Post by ellzee »

the user manual says the main toolbar is important and is left of the rulers. I can't find the main toolbar anywhere. How do I get the text palette yo come up (for example)
ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Open office 2.4
acknak

Post by acknak »

Are you using OO 2.4 as it shows in your forum signature? I assume that's some kind of mistake, as OO 2.4 is about seven years old.

But even OO 2 had toolbars top & bottom, not on the left, as far as I remember.

What user manual are you following? Do you have a link for it?
ellzee

Post by ellzee »

I'm using "DRAW GUIDE" OpenOffice.org version 1.0 October 2004 (!). see page 2 & page. I should update to a newer version (plse tell me how to do it 'cause I'm not big computer guy). Thanx for your help- it's really important to me. Leo
ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Open office 2.4
acknak

Post by acknak »

Ubuntu packages and supports LibreOffice, which is a branch off of OpenOffice. They're about 99% the same. You may find it simplest to just install LibreOffice from the Ubuntu software manager.