Import/export files from AutoCAD

Discuss the drawing application
henrie

Import/export files from AutoCAD

Post by henrie »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using? 2.3
What Operating System (version) are you using? XP Professional
What is your question or comment?

How to export a DRAW file to AutoCAD LT 91.
How to import a file from AutoCAD LT 91 and then modify it using DRAW.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Import/export files from AutoCAD

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

EPS seems to be the way to go. Draw can export as EPS and you can Insert EPS files into Draw.

I would be surprised if AutoCAD cannot handle EPS files.
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10
huw
Volunteer

Post by huw »

AutoCAD LT is a budget version of AutoCAD (reduced features), and I've only used Autodesk Map, which is an enhanced version of full AutoCAD, and that not for a while. I also don't use draw much. So, my experience is not entirely appropriate, but...

Try EPS, SVG & SWF. As already suggested, EPS is the most likely, although I remember converting them with Adobe Illustrator. I can't recall whether that was because AutoCAD could only read a few sub-types of EPS, or none at all, or for some other reason.

Adobe Illustrator,if you have access to it, can be a very useful intermediary with AutoCAD - they have DXF in common (Draw really should have that).
r4zoli
Volunteer

Post by r4zoli »

You could only import DXF file from Autocad into any type of OOo file, but can not export it.

If you want to edit DXF or DWG CAD Drawings with free tools use HyCAD from drawease.com, or A9CAD from a9tech.com.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin