Producing printer-ready copy in CMYK

Discuss the drawing application

Producing printer-ready copy in CMYK

Postby KiraChilcott » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:35 pm

I did a design for a brochure and I met a problem. I took the file to the printing company near my home http://www.mixam.co.uk/products/brochure-printing and they told me it is not good idea to bring them file in RGB standard. They told me the proper would be CMYK for any printing. What should I do exactly in Draw to meet their needs? I am in hurry, so please answer a.s.a.p Big thanks!

Title Edited. A descriptive title for posts helps others who are searching for solutions and increases your chances of a reply. (TheGurkha, Moderator)
Last edited by TheGurkha on Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Disable live external link
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
KiraChilcott

Re: Brochure printing

Postby acknak » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:30 pm

Sorry, I have no expertise in printing at all, but I can tell you at least this much:
  • OOo has no ability to create "CMYK" output. That is a feature of software designed for use by graphics and printing pros, which OOo is not.
  • I've taken a couple of PDFs generated by OOo to local "copy/printing" shops and had no problem with getting nice output.
Maybe if I needed a thousand copies instead of a dozen, my experience would be different, but for some jobs at least, the PDFs made by OOo are perfectly fine.

Hopefully, some more experienced folks here can give you some specific suggestions.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
acknak

Re: Brochure printing

Postby davidgehlen » Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:45 pm

If you try this http://print24.com/uk/product/brochures company, they will convert your pdf from RGB into CMYK. The other option is to flatten the PDF in Photoshop and then save as a Photoshop PDF in CMYK mode.

Good Luck
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with Mac Snow Leopard
davidgehlen

Return to Draw