[Solved] How to advance pages in Draw?

Discuss the drawing application
Crow

[Solved] How to advance pages in Draw?

Post by Crow »

Hi, I do not know how to create a multiple page document in Draw, I can only figure out how to create a single page document.
In other words when I open a new file in Draw, then the left pane shows me I'm on page 1. I manage OK to import my first image and paste it into page 1. But then how do I next move on and create a page 2 in the same file so that I can paste my second image on page 2?

Here is what I want to do: Create a 40 page document, with each page having exactly one image on it, nothing else, no text.

My problem: I don't know how to force Draw to advance to a new page to import my next image to. Draw merely ovewrites my first image with the new second image and Draw stays on page 1, etc.

:?: :?: :?:
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
squenson
Volunteer

Re: How to advance pages in Draw?

Post by squenson »

In Draw, go to the menu: Insert > Slide to have more than one page. Then select a slide and copy your image on it. You may want to consider Impress for such job as well, which allows a Presentation mode where slides will appear one after the other after a mouse click (to be more comprehensive, you can also use a timer to move from one slide to the next).
LibreOffice 4.2.3.3. on Ubuntu 14.04
acknak

Post by acknak »

Here is what I want to do: Create a 40 page document, with each page having exactly one image on it, nothing else, no text.
That sounds a lot like a slide show--in which case, as squenson said, is probably more appropriate to do in Impress.

There is also a slide show macro floating around, which can take a folder full of images and create your Impress presentation from the images. That may save some time over inserting the images manually.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Crow

Post by Crow »

Thanks, wow that was easier than I thought!

Actually I wanted to copy a printed user manual on a scanner, the printed manual had page numbers shown at the bottom, and then export it over to a .pdf file with same exact page numbering , and now I see how to do that easily.

So, thanks again very much for showing how to make a multi page document with OOo.